Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance, the Financial Analyst is expected to prepare financial proformas and provide forecasting in support of the achievement of ProCura’s strategic, operational and financial objectives. This will involve accurate and timely production of key finance, treasury and investment analysis for ProCura. The Financial Analyst will also research the economic climate, market conditions and other investments to determine the effect these factors will have on the company’s performance.
• Must possess an undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance.
• 3 years’ experience in a finance/treasury function and/or 3+ years of experience in real estate investment analysis environment.
• Experienced with various types of real estate investments and valuation methods including direct capitalization and discounted cash flow approaches or similar analyses.
• Advanced financial modeling abilities and expert level understanding of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• Create financial model/proformas to present full life cycle financial analysis for each development from initial planning through to disposition.
• Work with appraisers and Quantity Surveyors.
• Assist in developing relationships with external stakeholders including lenders and investors to assist in debt and equity raising activities.
• Report on existing and future financing requirements related to treasury and banking, including covenant reporting and other compliance reports.
• Understand each property in portfolio and contribute in developing long-term strategic business plans, focusing on creating value, enhancing returns and reducing risk.
• Conduct real estate market, economic research to support proforma assumptions including understanding of key industry metrics.
• Provide input on monthly and quarterly management reports and collaborate with department managers to present business results.
• Assistance with property acquisitions/disposition, development and related financing – structuring, third party reports, and closing.
• Timely and accurate processing.
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly, work independently on multiple competing priorities.
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, seek new ideas, exhibit initiative and innovative thinking with an eye towards continuous process improvement
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively work collaborative with all levels of the team environment.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities; sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, listening and written.
• Ability to manage complex business relationships; maintain confidentiality and discretion.
• Demonstrate and exhibit high levels of professionalism with internal and external customers.
• Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
• Prepare reports in a timely fashion, with rapid directional changes.
• Capable of working alone, some evenings or weekends as periodically required.
• Prioritize tasks on a day-to-day basis in a fast-paced environment.
• Under general supervision, analyzes data on existing and potential markets based on requests from the organization’s sales professionals.
• Reviews and evaluates data results, collected by themselves and others on the research team.
• Assists in the preparation and production of project/client presentations and reports.
• Collects and inputs data into local and corporate databases.
• May be responsible for writing quarterly local market reports with direction from executives and local market professionals.
• Provides statistical and analytical reports as required in support of management and professionals.
• May have some coaching, training responsibilities with indirect supervision.
• May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.