ProCura Real Estate Services is an award-winning real estate development and management company whose mission is to elevate people’s quality of life. Our vision is to create communities through real estate innovation – inclusive of commercial, residential, property management and customer service. We do more than develop and operate buildings – we create communities that people are proud to call home, work in and visit.
ProCura Real Estate Services is seeking to add a Building Operator, who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned properties. The primary focus of this role and to the Operations team is ensuring first class facilities and services are provided to all tenants.
- Building Operations: Work closely with the building operations staff to ensure smooth building operations. Ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner. Take daily readings of all major equipment and inspect for irregularities in readings. Complete minor maintenance and repairs as required. Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections of properties for damage and perform or arrange repairs. Ensure lighting and signage in buildings are in good working order.
- Cooling System – monitor the chiller/cooling tower/heating pump and ensure it is always working properly and in good working condition.
- Heating System – monitor the boiler/heating pump and ensure it is always working properly and in good working condition.
- Water Treatment – monitor and add chemicals as needed.
- BMS System – control HVAC, to ensure comfortable temperature for tenants in the building.
- HVAC – change filters as required.
- Preventative Maintenance – carry out and execute all preventative maintenance tasks as prescribed on all equipment and systems.
- Facilities Maintenance – Experienced and familiar with mechanical, electrical and plumbing aspects of building operations.
- Tenant Concerns/Work Orders – Respond to tenant concerns in a timely manner and assist in solving problems as required. Complete all work orders assigned in Yardi.
- Contractors: The candidate will need to gather competitive contractor quotes and submit a PO request for approval prior to the project being scheduled to commence.
- Budget Control – The candidate is responsible for following an operating budget for their properties and ensure quarterly projects are being completed in a timely manner.
- Emergencies – Ensure life systems are operating efficiently (emergency generator, fire alarms, elevators, phones, building automation system) Respond to emergency after hour calls and participate in rotation on call services.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience;
- High school education;
- Minimum 5th class Power Engineering ticket;
- Firm understanding of mechanical systems and operations;
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft;
- Understanding of Building Management Systems;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Basic plumbing, carpentry and electrical skills;
- Ability to lift, carry and move heavy items;
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills required;
- Valid Class 5 license and own automobile;
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment.
- Post Secondary Education
- Experience with LEED certified buildings and technology
ProCura offers competitive compensation and benefits packages for employees; compensation commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Building Operator” in the subject line. ProCura is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants however only those who meet the criteria of the role will be contacted.