Vice President, Operations
ProCura Real Estate Services is an award-winning real estate development and management company whose mission is to elevate people’s quality of life. Our vision is to create communities through real estate innovation – with our diverse asset base of retail, office, residential, multi-residential, mixed-use, and land-holdings, we are guided by our core belief in developing quality buildings that enhance the lives of those living and working in them every day.
Established since 1979, Procura’s projects have positively changed the skylines and communities of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. We offer a full range of client services to compliment our diverse asset base: from investment, asset management, and development services, to property management, leasing, and marketing; our attention to detail and long-term thinking continue to set the foundations for our landmark projects. Today, we continue to leverage our in-depth knowledge of the Western Canadian property market by taking a sustainable approach to the acquisition and development of new properties.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the VP Operations is a crucial member of the Executive team, mandated to provide outstanding leadership and guidance in the achievement of all ProCura’s strategic and operational objectives. This role provides oversight to ensure that ProCura is maintaining and maximizing human capital, facilitates the development and implementation of technology and working towards implementing a set of actively-managed standards and practices that enhance quality and controls the use of information internally and externally for ProCura.
- Working under the direction of the Managing Director to plan, develop and execute the corporate internal operating and capital budgets. Manage and analyze expenses to capture a measurement model for both the Edmonton and Calgary office. This will include IT, Business Intelligence systems and document controls to support communication and work flow, establish a documented mandate with each department to support their functions in ProCura for referencing, measurements, forecasting and accountability;
- Develop, support and maintain secure information systems (document management systems) for all administrative functions and procedures in conjunction with each departments requirement;
- Assist in the establishment of support and development to ensure compliance of operational units short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives;
- Manage the crucial flow of direct reports to ensure a cohesive operational unit;
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to other leaders and managers toward their professional development by engaging them to take accountability for meeting corporate objectives and for their growth within their role. Intellectual property is often overlooked and want to ensure this class asset is developed;
- Conduct regular staff meetings with the various operating teams from project task management, data governance and qualifiable production to ensure that any problems are immediately addressed and retrofitted into our information systems; and
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the Managing Director.
- Maintenance and increase asset value;
- Financial performance to budget;
- Customer satisfaction (internal and external); and
- Increased stability and satisfaction.
- All Executive team members; and
- All staff.
- External Service Providers;
- Banks; and
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10-15 years’ experience in Real Estate Management, related degree;
- Advanced knowledge in finance, budget management, operations management, property management, marketing, contracts, design/construction, corporate management;
- Advanced knowledge of the Office Management and company operations required;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills a necessity; and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Professional leader with strong inter-personal skills;
- Flexible to organizational needs and change in business direction;
- Strong leadership, motivation and communication skills; and
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
VP Operations Key Points:
- Team leadership & cooperation skills;
- Real estate operations knowledge (finance, budget, value, financing);
- Real estate value driven;
- Customer centric;
- Honest and ethical behavior; and
- Strong relationships with stakeholders (tenants, suppliers, direct reports and all other internal relationships).
The VP Operations shall conduct him/herself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing Procura’s interests. The successful candidate shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. This individual must take accountability for decisions made and is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and highly capable person. The successful applicant will have the opportunity for professional growth and have an impact within a unique environment that represents the best of two worlds; the stability and support of a well-established company combined with the entrepreneurship and agility of a locally based Alberta management team.
ProCura is offering a competitive total compensation package inclusive of a healthy base salary, benefits and vacation.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Vice President Operations” in the subject line. ProCura is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants however only those who meet the criteria of the role will be contacted.