Senior Project Coordinator
ProCura Real Estate Services is seeking to add a Senior Project Coordinator to our construction team. Working out of our downtown Edmonton office, the role will report to the Director of Construction and will be expected to oversee a mixed-use high-rise construction project(s). As a key member, the incumbent will be expected to perform a wide variety of duties in the coordination and delivery of projects in a timely manner and within scope and budget.
- Update the Director of Construction on the status of ongoing projects
- Review and assess construction schedules (Gannt Chart format), monitor and report site progress using EVM methods
- Perform cost control and tracking against set budgets and report progress using EVM methods
- Assist in the processing of progress claims and purchase orders and invoice as needed
- Perform Value Engineering analysis and advise costs saving methods
- Develop pre-construction budgets using his/her estimating skills
- Coordinate and compile verbal and written communications including, but not limited to, correspondences, subcontractors contracts, change orders, requests for quotations/follow up, transmittals, shop drawings, and schedules, etc.
- Coordinate with consultants on design matters
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes as required
- Attend out of office meetings and site visits as required
- Partner and assist with the different divisions within ProCura for proper operation and maintenance of ProCura’s existing buildings
- Advocate safety on construction projects in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate should possess a Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree, Architecture technology, construction management or project management degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- 5+ years of construction management experience with at least 2 years dedicated to high-rise residential construction.
- Knowledge of estimating and Quantity take-off procedures (PQS) certified
- Proven success in managing construction projects with a strong focus on cost control, safety, contract administration, and construction scheduling
- Have exceptional negotiation skills to negotiate with contractors, consultants on contracts, change management, etc.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills and exceptional communication ability
- Ability to compile, relay and clarify information in written form
- The ability to make timely and rational decision under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Projects or Primavera Scheduling software
- Vehicle and driver’s license with clear drivers abstract required
ProCura is offering a competitive total compensation package inclusive of a healthy base salary, benefits and vacation.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Project Coordinator” in the subject line. ProCura is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants however only those who meet the criteria of the role will be contacted.