Chief Financial Officer
ProCura Real Estate Services is an award-winning real estate development and management company whose mission is to elevate people’s quality of life. Our vision is to create communities through real estate innovation – with our diverse asset base of retail, office, residential, multi-residential, mixed-use, and land-holdings, we are guided by our core belief in developing quality buildings that enhance the lives of those living and working in them every day.
Established since 1979, Procura’s projects have positively changed the skylines and communities of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. We offer a full range of client services to compliment our diverse asset base: from investment, asset management, and development services, to property management, leasing, and marketing; our attention to detail and long-term thinking continue to set the foundations for our landmark projects. Today, we continue to leverage our in-depth knowledge of the Western Canadian property market by taking a sustainable approach to the acquisition and development of new properties.
The Chief Financial Officer is a crucial member of the Executive team and will report into the Chief Executive Offer/President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
The ideal candidate we are looking for will:
- Someone that has held a previous role as a CFO.
- Experience dealing with MD&A and going through an IPP and taking a company public.
- Public company reporting for Canadian and US GAAP on TSX and NYSE
- Knowledge of both Canada and the US.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and Yardi would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills a necessity; and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Professional leader with strong inter-personal skills;
- Flexible to organizational needs and change in business direction;
- Strong leadership, motivation and communication skills; and
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Chief Financial Officer” in the subject line. ProCura is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants however only those who meet the criteria of the role will be contacted.